Top 10 most expensive contemporary wines
Neither liquid other than water is not stored for as long as the wine. Wine - is not just a means to achieve intoxication: a literature, music, art, architecture, history, and still a legend and myth. Among the tens of millions of perfectly ordinary bottles from time to time there are absolute beauty for - those instances are not stored for drinking and for the honor. Thus, the top 10 most expensive wines of our time, who became the real diamonds for collectors around the world.
10. Red wine Inglenook Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 1941 ($ 24,675) has a dark color and deep, vibrant flavor. Perhaps this is one of the most interesting and prestigious wines produced in the history of California's Napa Valley (Napa Valley).
9. DRC Romanee Conti burgundy 1934 ($ 20,145) at the time tasters shocked her "sensational" bouquet of flavors. Rumor has it that this wine, which has an ideal texture, even the smell of menthol can be found, and the mixture itself so sexy flavor drink that wine would be an exceptional complement to a romantic rendezvous
8. Montrachet Domaine de la Romanеe Conti 1978 года ($23 929)- One of the most expensive wine ever sold in America. Lot of seven bottles of 1978 was sold at auction for a record $ 167 500 - $ 23 929 per bottle. They say that a lively and bright chardonnay flavor with hints of floral honey and roasted almonds.
7. Cheval Blanc 1947 ($ 33 781) - is now not even know the name of the remote from the world of wine lyudya - after it is lit up in a cartoon, "Ratatouille." Cheval Blanc is called "a fluke of nature" and the most festive wine of the 20th century. A thick, leather-smelling, coffee, chocolate and fruit, Cheval Blanc 1947 is a unique pleasure.
6. Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951 ($ 38,000) at the time were produced in quantity only 160 copies of the famous Australian winemaker Max Schubert. According to M. Schubert, his goal was to create a real rival to the great wines that he had met in the French Bordeaux. The result of his experiment was placed in a simple bottle with inconspicuous labels, and now the bottles are stored in itself one of the most valuable in the world of wine.
5. A bottle of sherry Massandra in 1775 ($ 43 500) - the legendary wines of the Russian Empire - was sold at Sotheby's auction in 2001 for a huge sum. The most prestigious bottles of this drink contains the imperial seal.
4. Screaming Eagle 1992 ($ 80 000) produced in the Napa Valley - one of the most talked about wines in the world of wine. The wine has a rich purple color, rich and dense texture, elegant, fruity and incredibly long finish.
3. Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1945 ($ 114 614) is rightly called "a miracle" in the world of winemaking. Wine is made in the most successful vintage of the twentieth century, making the drink got the perfect taste that can serve as a benchmark for winemakers throughout the world. In 1997, an unknown buyer was able to win a bottle of this wine at auction for $ 114 614.
2. Chateau Lafite 1787 ($ 160 000) in this list is not horrible by the criterion of taste - the period of his life had long since expired. But still one bottle of this drink was able to escape from the London auction for 160 thousand dollars, thanks to the signature left on the glass. Initials Th.J., located at the bottom front of the bottle is supposed to belong to the former U.S. president Thomas Jefferson, who purchased the wine at one of his travels.
1.Shipwrecked 1907 Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Champagne ($275 000), Bottles designed for the Russian Tsar Nicholas II, were lost in 1917 during the flooding of a German submarine. But in 1998, miraculously surviving boxes of bottles was able to raise from the bottom of the Gulf, and now a historic wine sold at crazy prices for a bottle.